Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Today's WTF moment...

...is for myself. I am a dreamer. Always have been. And I mean that really quite literally. It's what I do...all...day... I am constantly daydreaming. Usually, I am daydreaming of singing on a stage, or acting on a stage, or filming a movie, or dancing on a stage... see a common theme? The stage my friends. The stage. I dream all day of performing. The last time I did so was the summer of 2007, the summer before my wedding. Before that it had been another year. I had my sister to take care of. Then I had a wedding to plan. Priorities man. There was a time when my highest priority was getting on that stage. Friends wouldn't see me for months. It isn't that I didn't love and miss them, but I have a hunger. Of late I have been feeling pretty desperate. I was insanely jealous during this season of American Idol. I was even thinking of auditioning myself later this month...but I have to work. Alas. Priorities. One of my favorite coworkers was recently accepted to NYU to attend their bilingual counseling program. She's doing it. She's going for her dream. She's scared and nervous and sad to leave her family. But she's doing it. "What am I going to do" I keep asking myself of late. What am I going to do. I know what I want. More than performing right now, I want to finish school. I still haven't gotten my degree. I'm gonna be 28 this year. I've never taken that walk to get my diploma. It was just yesterday that I actually thought about that. I was home schooled and when I graduated high school my mom called me out of bed, into the living room and said, "Do you want me to make a big deal out of this or do you want me to just hand it to you." "Just give it to me" I said. Then I went back to bed. And that was my high school graduation. But now I've got the hunger. I want to take that walk. I've been daydreaming about my path after that. It's time to stop dreaming man. Make it happen. I've got to do it for myself. I don't want to get to the end of my life, look back and think...WTF

No comments: