Friday, January 23, 2009

Does Growing up really mean saying goodbye?

I am sitting here pondering this question. I think of where all of my friends are, the true ones that I trust anything with...and none of them are close to me. In fact, none of them are in a vicinity any where close to each other. We are all spread out. It would be funny if it didn't fill me with sadness. I have always been fiercely independent, and now when I think of the fact that I really have to be independent now, away from the women that enriched my life and were my source of strength for so long, I weep. Like I said before; marriage is revealing things in me that I didn't know existed. The worst part is there is nothing to be done about it. We are all headed in different directions; The Bay Area, Italy, Seattle, Merced...we are all in the places that God wants us to be in order to be the best people and live the best lives we can, but it's hard. I know it's right, but damn it hurts just the same. To say I miss my friends is an understatement. The loneliness doesn't hit me every moment, or even every day, but when it does, it's next to unbearable. C'est la vie, no? Oui. I used to say that this is the way life is supposed to go. Folks grow up, they move away from the familiar, or they stay put, but it's all ok. I'm not feeling ok just now.

2 comments:

Deb to the Izzle said...

Love you friend. Life has a way of coming full circle. No doubt we'll all be together in some capacity and in one way or another in due time. Besides, in spirit we're linked. That's the closest two people can ever really be. So no matter the distance in miles, the heart will do what it does best. Keep friends connected. HUGS via Sea-town. x

Anonymous said...

shy shy you make me cry cause i feel the same way often